Do you remember, back at the beginning of this year when the pandemic just started, we all said “when this thing is over, then…” and then some statement would follow that would describe a “back to normal” life.
It’s November now, and clearly, life is still not “back to normal”, and may very well not get there for at least a while.
While unpalatable in many ways, 2020 has made me realize how much I value the normal, day-to-day, regular parts of life:
- Going to the grocery store and not having to stand in line outside.
- Said store having full shelves with all the products I want (toilet paper).
- Being able to gather with friends and hug each other.
- Kids spending their days in school instead of in their room.
- Attending social events.
- Going to the gym.
- Hiking without a facemask.
- Breathing fresh air…
Now that the “new normal” has been adjusted to a whole different level, it’s the random and regular things that get most of my gratitude.
How about you? What things are YOU grateful for? I’d love to hear from you. In the meantime: Happy Thanksgiving!
Bored Panda, for the “Orange Juice & Toothpaste” meme
Simon Maage from Unsplash for the “Give Thanks” image
The artist who created the “Turkey Invited For Dinner” cartoon. I am sorry I can’t find your name, “N”.